The 2012 year has been tremendous for our libraries and the people who use them due to the value our community places on a strong library district. We want to say a quick yet heartfelt “Thank You” for the generous gifts received by the Library Foundation. Due to the kindness of individuals, businesses and community organizations, so far this year we were able to:
- Distribute 10,000 new books to parents of pre-readers and alert them to the importance of early literacy.
- Provide more than 20,000 items to senior centers and assisted living homes to help sustain their lifelong learning.
- Connect to a number of new partners and organizations that will allow us to make a greater impact on literacy levels in our community.
- Send volunteers with library materials to homebound individuals who are otherwise unable to connect to our libraries.
- Support the new Spencer Road Library with more than $550,000 which helped this new facility become a true gathering place where individuals, businesses and non-profits can thrive.
As use of library resources continues to increase, donations allow us to provide support beyond the books and programming many associate with a library visit. Through your gift, the Library Foundation is able to enhance literacy and lifelong education. So again, thank you for making our libraries a greater strength for our community. As you consider your end-of-the-year charitable donations, we ask you to keep the Library Foundation in mind. You might consider:
- Purchasing a commemorative brick at the Spencer Road Library and give a gift to last a lifetime! Brochures are available in each library branch or you can purchase a brick online.
- Giving a tribute gift in memory of or to honor a family member or friend.
- Setting up a recurring gift.
- Leaving a gift in your will or trust.